Standing close to St Brelade’s Bay on the south-western part of the Island La Corbiere Lighthouse is one of Jersey’s most famous landmarks with panoramic views of the beautiful scenery. Designed by Sir John Coode and completed in 1874, it became fully automated around 100 years later.
La Corbiere Lighthouse was Britain’s first reinforced concrete lighthouse and remains in almost pristine condition. Towering some 135ft above average sea level its beams can be seen from up to 18 miles away on a clear night. Regularly photographed by tourists, it is one of the first landmarks to be sighted by anyone travelling on the ferry from the neighbouring island of Guernsey.