There are various facilities in place to ensure that disabled visitors to Jersey are as comfortable as possible and can enjoy the many attractions that Jersey has to offer. Our Jersey disability guide provides a list of disabled friendly Jersey hotels, as a rough guide only, but to give you an idea of possible hotels to stay and the disabled facilities they offer. A list of attractions shows disabled friendly Jersey tourist attractions so you can plan what to see and do in your visit to Jersey.
Jersey Hotels with Facilities for Disabled Guests
The following accommodation in Jersey have confirmed they offer facilities for disabled guests:
Jersey Hotels that Accept Guide Dogs / Hearing Dogs
If you are visiting Jersey from the British Isles or the Republic of Ireland, you may bring your pet or your guide or hearing dog with you. You will also need the permission of your chosen Jersey accommodation. See below for a list of hotels in Jersey which allow guide and hearing dogs by prior arrangement:
- Club Hotel & Spa, St Helier (4 Star Hotel) – Access all areas
- Beachcombers Hotel, Grouville (3 Star Hotel) – Access all areas
- Hotel Cristina, St Aubin (3 Star Hotel) – Not permitted in the restaurant
- Moorings Hotel, St Martin (3 Star Hotel) – Not in public areas, no lift, lots of stairs
- Revere Hotel, St Helier (3 Star Hotel) – Not permitted in the restaurant
- Merton Hotel, St Saviour (3 Star Hotel) – Access all areas
- Shakespeare Hotel, St Clement (3 Star Hotel) – Must be on a lead in restaurant & bar
- Talana Hotel, St Saviour (2 Star Hotel) – Access all areas
- West View Hotel, St Mary (2 Star Hotel) – Not permitted in the restaurant
Jersey Attractions with Facilities for Disabled Visitors
Below are the disabled friendly attractions in Jersey with a description of their facilities:
Jersey Museum has lift access to all floors and an audio guide is available. Ramps provide access to all areas in the main Museum and wheelchair access to one floor of the Merchant’s House. There is also a cafe and gift shop within the Museum. A hearing loop is available in the audio-visual theatre. Disabled toilets and dedicated disabled parking spaces available.
Hamptonne Country Life Museum
Wheelchair access to ground floors of all buildings including the cider barn, restored houses and cafe. Cars are permitted to stop directly outside to drop off visitors. There is disabled access to the animal paddock, wild flower and sensory gardens. Disabled toilet available.
Jersey War Tunnels
Everything is on the ground floor and all the side room displays at the Jersey War Tunnels have enough space for wheelchairs and displays can easily be viewed. A wheelchair is provided if necessary and there is a disabled toilet. Cafeteria is also disabled friendly.
Maritime Museum & Occupation Tapestry
The Maritime Museum and Occupation Tapestry share facilities. There is full disabled access with ramps, a lift to second floor with Braille control buttons, and two stair lifts to upper levels. Toilet facilities are available and there is limited parking at the rear of the building. Audio guides and Braille books are available for the tapestry.
Loop system in certain areas of the Maritime Museum: art gallery on one level, globe, exhibit, television monitors, welk storyteller. Information cupboards and display tables are at wheelchair level. Maritime museum has studded flooring to indicate change in floor level where appropriate.
Access to the exhibitions and Castle Mount are very limited. Wheelchair users must contact puddleducks in advance to ensure transport (07797 721 050). There are disabled toilets in parade ground. A free audio podcast tour is available to guide you around the castle.
The Living Legend is equipped with disabled facilities. A lift is available to take you inside to watch the ‘special effects’ show, a small part of which is inaccessible due to steps. The restaurant is also accessible and disabled toilets are available. There is a loop system.
Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
Beautifully set in extensive grounds, there is plenty of room for wheelchair users. There is good access to view the collections of endangered species. A toilet for the disabled is in the entrance building and also in the Cafe Dodo which has ramped access.
There are some facilities for the visually impaired, although guide dogs are not accepted due to free ranging species and disease. Loop system. Some uneven pathways. Please note a shopmoblity scheme operates at Jersey Zoo.
Jersey Lavender Farm
There is a ramp at the entrance for wheelchair users – Jersey Lavender Farm is suitable for visitors in wheelchairs. Wheelchair is available if required and there is a disabled toilet.
Jersey Cinema & Theatres with Facilities for Disabled Visitors
Below are the disabled friendly cinemas and theatres in Jersey:
Cineworld, the Waterfront Centre, St Helier
All screens are accessible although advance booking is recommended.
Jersey Arts Centre, Phillips Street, St Helier
Ramp access into the building. Lift available to first floor gallery, art rooms and theatre – also access via ground floor. Disabled toilet on ground floor. Loop System available. Advisable to pre-book tickets in advance.
Jersey Opera House, Gloucester Street, St Helier
Lift to all floors and seats available for disabled users. Disabled toilet. Loop system.
Jersey Tourist Attractions with the Loop System
The Hearing Loop System is a special type of sound system for use by people with hearing aids. Below are the tourist attractions, establishments and places of worship in Jersey which offer the loop system to people with hearing difficulties.
Jersey Tourist Attractions with the Loop System
- Jersey Museum, St Helier
- Maritime Museum, St Helier
- Jersey Opera House
- Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust, Trinity
- Jersey Arts Centre
- Jersey Living Legend Village
- Masonic Temple
Jersey Establishments with the Loop System
- Jersey Tourism
- HSBC Bank
- Diabetes Centre
- Jersey Hospice
- States Chambers
- Jersey Airport
- Lloyds TSB
- Fort Regent (Don Theatre)
- New Forum Cinema – Screen 1
- Hearing Resources Centre
- Grouville Town Hall
- St Helier Town Hall
- General Hospital
Jersey Places of Worship with the Loop System
- Gorey Methodist
- La Rocque Methodist
- St Aubin on the Hill
- St Clement (Parish Church)
- All Saints
- The Bay Church
- St Andrew
- St Helier (Parish Church)
- St Mary and St Peter
- St Thomas
- Sion Methodist
- St Lawrence (Parish Church)
- Tesson Chapel
- St Mary (Parish Church)
- St George
- Bethesda Methodist
- St Peter (Parish Church)
- St Saviour (Parish Church)
- Ebenezer Methodist
- Grouville Parish
- St Aubin Methodist
- St Brelade (Parish Church)
- Samares Methodist
- Baptist Church
- Salvation Army
- St Columba’s
- St Helier Methodist Centre
- St Paul
- St John Parish
- United Reformed Church
- St Matthew (Glass Church)
- Our Lady, St Martin
- Bethlehem Methodist
- St Ouen (Parish Church)
- Philadelphie Methodist
- Georgetown Methodist
- St Luke
Jersey Pubs & Restaurants with Facilities for Disabled Visitors
Below are the disabled friendly pubs and restaurants in Jersey:
Jersey Pubs with Disabled Access
- L’Auberge du Nord, Route du Nord, St John
- La Pulente, La Route de la Pulente, St Brelade
- The Landmark, La Marquanderie Hill, St Brelade
- Old Portelet Inn, Portelet Bay, St Brelade
- Pembroke, La Grande Route des Sablons, Grouville
- Royal St Martin, Grande Route de Faldouet, St Martin
- Star & Tipsy Toad, St Peter’s Village, St Peter
- Tenby Bars, The Bulwarks, St Aubin’s Village, St Brelade
- Tipsy Toad Townhouse, New Street, St Helier
Jersey Restaurants with Disabled Access
- Cafe Bar – Pomme d’Or Hotel , St Helier, Jersey
- Cafe Gold, Jersey Goldsmiths, Lion Park, St Lawrence, Jersey
- Greenhills Country Hotel Restaurant, St Peter’s Valley, St Peter, Jersey
- Gardener’s Tea Room, Ransoms Garden Centre, La Grande Route de Faldouet, St Martin
- Jersey Pottery Garden Restaurant, Gorey Village, Grouville, Jersey
- Spinnakers Bar & Grill, Jersey Pottery, Gorey Village, Grouville, Jersey
- Saint James Winebar, 5-7 James Streer, St Helier, Jersey
- Tipsy Toad Town House, 57 New Street, St Helier, Jersey